Monday, January 8, 2018

Update on Lilly Bug

Our Lilly is home with pins in her elbow and a purple sparkly cast.




She also got her hair braided by the anesthesiologist while she was asleep. Her Dad said she was amazing through it all. She was calm and very tough. I've calmed down so much now that I know she's home and everything is fixed. This sweetie is the most loving, most caring little you can know. Of course, she's a bit adventurous also. She broke her elbow by, in her father's words, "Climbed on a wobbly table in her room and rode it to the floor".

I've also finished my first book for the 2018 challenge. "I Let You Go" by Clare Mackintosh. This is a library ebook. The description says,

 "On a rainy afternoon, a mother's life is shattered as her son slips from her grip and runs into the street....

I Let You Go follows Jenna Gray as she moves to a ramshackle cottage on the remote Welsh coast, trying to escape the memory of the car accident that plays again and again in her mind and desperate to heal from the loss of her child and the rest of her painful past.
At the same time, the novel tracks the pair of Bristol police investigators trying to get to the bottom of this hit-and-run. As they chase down one hopeless lead after another, they find themselves as drawn to each other as they are to the frustrating, twist-filled case before them."
This was a great book filled with unexpected twists and turns that kept me guessing about where the book as going. It was one of those that make you think you have it figured out but then you find you've been totally wrong. I really enjoyed this book.

I've started "The Midnight Line" by Lee Child. I've really enjoyed this series in the past but not so much now. I think the fact that Tom Cruise was cast in this role in the movies has put a damper on my enthusiasm. If ever there was a mistake in casting, this is it. Jack Reacher is 6 ft 5" tall with a build like an NFL lineman. In an interview, Lee Child described his face:  His face looked like it had been chipped out of rock by a sculptor who had ability but not much time. 

Tom Cruise is nothing like this. I can't seem to get past the fact that this is such a wrong casting. But anywho, the books are good and I just need to let go, I guess.

So there you go. Our Lilly Bug is home and feeling much better now and I've vented about Tom Cruise. Enough, yes????

Thank you, bloggy friends, for reading and commenting. Thank you for being my bloggy friends.

Hugs,
Sharon




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on Lilly. I will continue to pray for her.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! I have never been much of a Tom Cruise fan anyways. :) So glad to hear Lilly is home and doing well. May she have a speedy recovery. My Colorado boy fell and hurt his elbow again the day before returning to the States. Was very worried about him, but he did lots of icing on his elbow, used Tiger Balm and wrapped it and once he arrived in Denver (after several flights and many long hours in air) he said his range of motion had improved. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a Tom Cruise fan especially after reading several books on Scientology, yuck! I am so happy Lilly is home and she has a great cast.

    ReplyDelete