Monday, May 2, 2016

Time keeps on slippin', slippin;.......

That old song keeps going around in my head today. I didn't realize it had been 2 months since I last posted. I have been guilty of getting caught up in the day to day stuff on Facebook and losing track of time. I decided that I would take a break and see if I could retrain myself to not spend hours and hours on there. AND, it is better. I rarely go on now except to check on updates for CAL's or to see if any family has posted some news. I've even stopped playing games on FB. I do have some games on my tablet that I play but I've found I can leave them alone for days and not care. Hey, maybe I'm growing up.......Nah, just changing things.

One of the things keeping me away from my blog has been working on items for my grandkids and for the new little one we were expecting in April. I made 4 Chocolate Easter Bunnies for the grands for Easter this year. I haven't made stuffed toys before so this was a new experience for me. I only had to order the yarn and buy the ribbon for their necks. I had everything else here. I probably should have stuffed them more but I will know next time.



They turned out really cute and I was pleased with them. The grandkids liked them, too.

I also finished the baby blanket for Lollypop. I loved working on this blanket. The pattern is Baskets of Rainbows Blanket by Felted Button. She designs wonderful blankets that look intricate and hard but are very easy to do. As this blanket grew, I loved seeing all the colors come together. The border is my own adaptation.





I finished just in time as our little Lollypop arrived on Saturday, April 23. I was privileged and blessed to be present at his birth and I have never been more amazed at anything. Although I have given birth twice, I have never seen the actual process and I wasn't sure I wanted to. But I am thrilled that I was there and saw my newest grandson enter this world. I even go to cut the cord!

So without further delay, allow me to introduce my fifth grandchild, Samuel Kenneth. He was born at 2:26 AM, April 23, 2016 weight 9 lbs, 10 oz and 20-1/4 inches long.


I have needed a week to recover from all the excitement. And I am having some major Baby Sam withdrawals. I need to get better and get back out there to see him. James is warming up to his baby brother and has even hugged and kissed him a couple of times. He told one of the nurses in the hospital, when she asked what he thought, "He's nice."

So there are are, fellow bloggers. I hope this post gets me back in the mojo to blog more regularly. I have been keeping up with you and commenting some. I hope you are still there waiting for me. I miss doing these posts and hearing your comments. Time to get that straightened out!

Hugs to all of you,
Sharon

7 comments:

  1. I've missed you but it looks as though you had a very good reason to be missing! What a sweet little one. I'm sure the grands loved the bunnies and that blanket is a stunning one. I hope to see you here more often, but life and family is even more important.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. I hope to be hear more often. Backing away from the social networks will help a great deal. I will have more time for the important things in life, family, reading, crocheting, cross-stitching, and keeping up with all my blogging friends.

      Delete
  2. What wonderful news, Sharon! I love seeing the lovely projects you completed for your grands, and I am happy that you enjoyed welcoming Samuel in such a special way. Time management is a real challenge for me. There is so much I want to do...but I still have to sleep sometimes, too :) At any rate, I enjoy checking in with you when you are able to post, and I am able to read. Wishing you more good and happy days xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sharon! What a cutie ...he is gorgeous! I share your sentiment as I was present at the birth of my grand-daughter in Chicago. I had my doubts but they all dispersed as I watched! An amazing and wonderful moment!
    I love that blanket look at those colours.....happy happy colours indeed!!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats my friend he is adorable. Hooray for new babies! I do not go on Facebook for the very reasons you stated, it is a complete time suck, I would rather blog or knit.
    Hugs to you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were there, Mom. You and hubby got me through it and I'm so thankful. The blanket is just gorgeous and we've used it on a few chilly days to wrap Lollypop up in Mimi's love. I'm sure it will be a favorite of his, just like Jellybean loves his "Mimi blanket"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and to baby Sam's family! He is beautiful.

    I've been lucky enough to have attended five births and it's been a miracle every time. One of them was my favourite nephew and he was born on my birthday! I always tell him he's the best birthday present I ever got. :)

    Hope you are well. That blanket is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete