Monday, June 22, 2020

Where to start? There is so much going on in our country right now. I don't know how to deal with a lot of it.

Our county in Tennessee has seen a spike in Covid 19 cases in the last week. We went from a total of around 42 or 45 cases to 117 as of this morning. As of yesterday, there were over 65 active cases and there were 7 new cases this morning. After my experience at my pulmonologist appointment, I can certainly see why. I wore my mask as the CDC recommends but others in the waiting room did not have one on. While I was waiting for the receptionist to record my new insurance coverage, I overheard a remark about how silly it was to wear "those things" and the response of "I don't wear one, they make me smother". I didn't comment or react in any way but my mind was going crazy. In my mind, I was saying, "And this is why there are so many new cases here". There was no point in saying anything because you either understand the reason for a mask or you don't and nothing I could say would change that. I might add that all the nurses and the doctor were wearing a mask. My doctor told me that he had 2 patients in ICU and one out on the floor with Covid and it was horrible the way they were suffering.

Having an immunocompromised disease, I have to be careful. If everyone one would wear a mask while they were out around crowds, maybe this could be eliminated. I haven't been out of my house except for essential appointments since March 6. I don't considered a haircut essential as can be seen by the length of my hair. I have, however, given my stylist random payments because she has to make a living. I can't penalize her because I choose to stay home.

My husband does all the grocery shopping which we are trying to hold to every 2 weeks at the moment. We did a lot of bulk shopping about a month ago and we have what we need. He also has his routine when he comes back in of cleaning up and then wiping all the surfaces he has touched with disinfectant. Only then do I help him put the groceries away. We are wiping everything from the store and repackaging what we can. I realize to a lot of you this might be overkill, but we are the only ones we can count on to take care of us.

I haven't worked at my part time job since March 6 and I really don't know if I'm going back. There is not enough room where I sit at the register to get socially distanced from the customers and then there's the cash issue. Again, I can only take care of me and I have the luxury of not having to work.

I have been stitching away these past months. I'm participating in 3 monthly SALs and one temperature chart SAL. I'm also reading like crazy. I've read 58 books so far this year toward my goal of 95. I listen to a lot of audiobooks while I do housework and stitch and I love it. I do read on my Kindle and read actual books but audiobooks are my first choice.

With the Hubs now retired, life has had some adjustments but actually things are going very smoothly and I enjoy having him home. We haven't spent this much time together since before the kids were born and actually since we were both working, this is more time together. We laugh a lot, talk a lot and just hang out. It's been very nice.

I'll close with some photos of my current SALs. As always, thank you for being my bloggy friends.


Granny Temperature SAL designed by Carolyn Manning






Witches Catalogue of Familiars by Ingleside Imaginarium







 Linen and Threads 2020 Friends and Family Mystery Sampler





Modern Folk Embroidery 2020 SAL


Hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon So good to be back in blogland. I have been absent for 10 months......far too long!! I am trying to renew contact with all my blogfriends on my blog list and invite them to my Fresh Start giveaway which will be open throughout this month. What a topsy turvey life we are living at present. Sr P and myself are both very well and the rest of our family too. We do practically the same as you and your husband as Sr P does the shopping and I mostly stay indoors and give my classes online. I go out as little as possible and respect social distancing although there ignorant selfish people out there who do not. I dont think anything will return to normal until we have a vaccine!! Your cross stitch is coming along very well. I get the impression lots of people are embroidering more than ever. keep well Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some beautiful work!
    Hi via Hawthorn's blog

    ReplyDelete