Friday, November 23, 2012

Full and Happy

What a day yesterday turned out to be. We traveled 3 hours west of our home to have Thanksgiving Day dinner with my daughter's in-laws. They had invited us for this and we happily accepted. It was a wonderful meal with good friends and family. They live on a mountainside in the woods, literally. Their house is surrounded by trees and it is so peaceful there. You can hear nothing, just the quiet of the woods around you. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos as I was too busy jabbering with SIL's mom, grandmother and aunt and my daughter while the menfolk wandered around the area.

The meal was delicious: smoked turkey (so moist), dressing, potato casserole, brussell sprouts (not my favorite, just can't make myself eat them), cooked apples and dessert. I made a dump cake and Doug's grandmother brought 2 pies; key lime and pecan. We had a really good time and left full to the brim with food and happy memories.

The drive home was long. For some reason, I've always thought the drive home was quicker than the going but this time it was just the opposite. Maybe  because I was tired and not feeling my best. Anyway, I'm glad we went and now Saturday, we get to go to my sister's and do it all again, only this time it will be slightly less bountiful. We are just having snacky stuff, not a big meal.

Fee of Chipper Nelly fame is having a giveaway. It's a "carry it forward" and she has gorgeous blocks to give.

See, aren't they gorgeous.

Pop over and see and get yourself entered. I so love these blocks and keeping my fingers crossed that I win!!!!!!

Now onto the book, "A Fine Colour of Dust". I offered on my blog after finishing reading it. This book is passing around the bloggy world and I had two people comment that they would like to read it. I went the old "write it on a piece of paper and select one" route, having the Hubs draw one while my eyes were closed. And the winner was:



Annie, please send me an email with your mailing address so I can get this headed to you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with family and friends. It's almost Christmas time and I've been slacking on the Christmas decorations. I must do something about that this upcoming week.

As always, thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week wherever you may be.

Hugs,
Sharon


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very nice day yesterday.

    Perhaps Annie will pass the book on to me when she's done with it.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good visit yesterday and hope your weekend is happy as well, Sharon. The grand girls and I had a cozy time inside today while the rest of the family braved the rain to go shopping! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good thanksgiving! Sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, very pleased you had a lovely thanksgiving dinner. Sounds as if they live in a beautiful area, how lovely would that be to be surrounded by trees?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the book is coming back to the UK, for now! Thank you so much Sharon, I will read and pass on just as you and Wendz have ... I reckon this book needs a passport!

    So good to hear you enjoyed your Thanksgiving :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving a sweet comment!

    Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving. And had another one, too. Hope your tummy could "take it," though. -chuckle- :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time! I just came across your blog today. Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete