Saturday, October 27, 2012

Just a Quick Post

Just a quick post to say thank you all so much for your comments on my health. YES, I am doing much, much better and it is wonderful to have energy and be able to breathe. Thank you also for the lovely comments on my daughter. She is special to me for many reasons. She read my last blog and told me she cried! Guess Mama can still touch her.    : )

No photos this time. I haven't been able to do anything else on Jellybean's blanket but I have decided that it is going to be fine. Several people locally told me, when they saw the photo, that they thought it was finished and Annie at Knitsofacto reminded me that a rectangle is fine. I smiled at her comment and a little light went on. So, I have decided to do the last row of bobbles and then start on the border.  I hope to be able to finish it this week or early next week. I'll be sure to post an FO update. What a great thing that will be!

As I said in the last post, I'm working on some things for the Snowflake Swap that Kate at Granny Taught me to Crochet is doing. I've found some really cute patterns and I'm doing a little bit of stitching and a lot of ooohing and aaaahing. I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the trees, the SNOWMEN, the pretty packages, seeing my family's faces when they open their presents. It's all special to me.

My inhaler is continuing to help me everyday and I feel human again. I have managed to fix a meal 3 times this week. I know that doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment but I was having trouble cooking on the weekends, much less trying to do anything during the week and fix a meal. On Wednesday, I made a meat loaf, oven potatoes with cheddar cheese and fried okra. When the Hubs got home from work, he walked into the kitchen, took a big sniff and told me he hoped I never stopped using those inhalers!  *big laugh*

I am reading lots of new blogs right now and spending some quiet time catching up on back posts on those blogs. Here are some of the ones that are new to me:

Small ThingsSnowcatcher15 Coast RoadFar Side of FiftyCoal Valley View: A Farmlet, 4 Kidlets, and a Whippet, Goat Philosophy 101, and Posey Gets Cozy.

These are just some of my new followings. I love the blogging community and how  you find new blogs and new friends so many times.

A big welcome to my new followers. Thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me.

Tomorrow is going to be a crafty day for me. The weather has gone from being sunny and warm with highs in the 70's to cold and rainy with highs in the upper 40's. There is a good chance of rain all day tomorrow and a possibility of snow flurries tomorrow night! So I will plop in my recliner with my craft goodies around me and watch all the DVR'd shows I'm behind on. Let's hope the cold weather doesn't annoy my RA and my wrist will let me have a lot of hooky and stitching goodness.

Well, whew, that turned out not to be such a quick post after all. I had a lot more to say that I thought. I guess that's another result of feeling better. *smile*

As always, thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you might be.

Hugs,
Sharon

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm just catching up with your posts, another grandchild on there way to you, how exciting! I'm so glad you are feeling a little better! Take care, Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, glad the inhalers are making you feel much better. Sounds like a great plan of action now the weather is turning, stay in and keep warm, crafting and watching dvds. What can be better? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is right nippy as well - 20s in the morning and only getting up to low 40s in the day. And I have a cold! Not bad enough to make me miserable, just bad enough to justify lots of hot tea and crochet.... :)

    Enjoy your crafty time! Rainy days are great for that. Hope the RA keeps lying low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Hubby's ...always with the stomach! LOL! Almost as bad as our Boo. Almost. :) Glad you are feeling better. More energy is a very good thing indeed!

    ReplyDelete